Workday Open Labs Available for In-Person Assistance
Labs pertaining to all aspects of the Workday system will be held in the Mac Lab (Z. Smith Reynolds Library, Room 262):
- Tuesday, September 11, 9:00 a.m. – Noon
- Thursday, September 13, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 18, 9:00 a.m. – Noon
- Thursday, September 20, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 25, 9:00 a.m. – Noon
- Thursday, September 27, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Labs specific to Human Resources processes will be held in the HR Annex (2596B Reynolda Rd., beside the main HR building):
- Wednesday, September 5, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 10, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 17, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 19, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 24, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 26, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Registration is not required for the Open Labs.
Workday Online Training courses are now available!
Visit the Learning section of the Workday website for additional information, including a chart outlining courses to consider, based on ways you will interact with the system.
Workday Essentials classes are designed so that members of the University community only need to complete 101, 102, or 103.
- Workday terminology
- Navigating Workday
- Managing personal information
- Managing benefits
- Requesting Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Viewing payroll information
- Modifying payment elections (direct deposit)
- WD 101 content, plus
- Entering time worked
- WD 101 content, plus
- Managing the Workday inbox
- Employee time-tracking
- Managing employee Paid Time Off (PTO)
WD 103 is designed for all managers and those who approve time and PTO requests.
WD 104: Workday Essentials for Student Workers (Online Training Only)
- Viewing/printing payslips and tax documentation
- Managing payment elections (direct deposit)
- Time tracking methods
WD 104 is an online class designed specifically for student workers.
*Everyone is encouraged to take the appropriate Essentials class prior to taking subsequent classes. Basic navigation and Workday terminology will not be covered in non-Essentials courses.*
Human Capital Management
- Creating a job requisition
- Creating a pre-hire
- Reviewing applications
- Interviewing candidates
- Making a job offer
- Assigning onboarding
- Performance reviews
- Performance improvement plans
- Disciplinary actions
- Title changes
- Job transfers
- Compensation changes
It is strongly recommended that HR 101 be completed before HR 103.
- Hiring a Student
- Adding a Job
- Entering and Approving Time
- Terminating a Student
FIN 101: Workday Finance Essentials (Online Training Only)
- Banner-to-Workday functionality
- Approval process
- Routine financial transactions (creating requisitions and more)
- Viewing submitted requisitions
- Reporting basics
FIN 101 is an online introduction to the Financial Data Model (FDM) and is a prerequisite for all Workday Finance classes. The appropriate Workday Essentials should be completed before participating in FIN 101.
- Creating a requisition
- Creating a supplier request
- Procurement reports
Note: You will learn how to create receipts off of purchase orders created by your requisitions in FIN 103: Invoicing and Receiving in Workday.
- Creating a supplier invoice (direct pay invoice)
- Creating a receipt (and return)
- End-user reports
Note: If you did not attend FIN 102: Procurement in Workday, you may not have a purchase order ready to create a receipt and return. You will be able to use the job aids to create those two types of documents.
- Creating an expense report
- Requesting a spend authorization (advance)
- Reconcile PCard purchases in Workday
- End-user reports
- Creating an accounting journal
- Creating an accounting adjustment
- Creating a budget amendment
- Accounting reports
This class addresses the tasks completed by faculty and staff who are responsible for creating journal entries and budget amendments
- Initiating an asset lifecycle event
- Reviewing associated reports
- Creating and editing a project
- Closing a project
- Capital project reports
- Filtering reports
- Downloading reports
- Cognos-to-Workday report equivalents
Budget and Planning
BUD 101: Budget and Planning in Workday
- Developing budgets
- Budget types
- Budget reporting
Available in January 2019 prior to the Spring 2019 budget and planning period.