Wake Forest University Counseling Center (UCC) staff are trained in suicide prevention and utilize the evidence-based CampusConnect: A Suicide Prevention Training for Gatekeepers from Syracuse University. UCC staff train members of the WFU community (faculty, staff, & students) to recognize and respond to individuals who may be struggling with mental health concerns and suicidal thoughts/behaviors. This training will equip you to understand signs of depression and possible suicidality and have preliminary conversations with a person about what you observe while managing your own anxiety and discomfort with the topic, culminating with skills on making a referral to appropriate professionals.
*Special Registration Note:*
If you don't have a supervisor or would prefer to not provide supervisor information, you can use your own name and email address to complete registration for this course.
- Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 • 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Location: ZSR Library 476
- Thursday, January 18th, 2018 • 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Reynolda Hall 301
- Friday, February 9th, 2018 • 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Location: Reynolds Gym A330 Seminar Room
- Thursday, April 19th, 2018 • 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- Location: ZSR Library 204