- Tuesday, July 11th, 2017 • 2:30pm - 4:30pm
In this introductory course, participants will learn about the definition and history of mentoring and coaching, and the roles and strategies that effective mentors and mentees use to support effective relationships. Participants will leave with a better understanding of how to be an effective mentor and mentee in both personal and professional settings, and an action plan to work towards individual developmental goals. At the conclusion of the course participants will receive the Introductory Mentoring Skills Certificate.
- Understand how mentoring and coaching differ from other developmental models.
- Identify the roles, responsibilities, and strategies that mentors and mentees employ.
- Practice using the mentoring conversation model.
- Create an action plan for personal and professional development.