- Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 • 2:30pm - 4:00pm
Wake Forest University Counseling Center (UCC) staff are trained in suicide prevention and utilize the evidence-based CampusConnect: A Suicide Prevention Training for Gatekeepers from Syracuse University. UCC staff train members of the WFU community (faculty, staff, & students) to recognize and respond to individuals who may be struggling with mental health concerns and suicidal thoughts/behaviors. This training will equip you to understand signs of depression and possible suicidality and have preliminary conversations with a person about what you observe while managing your own anxiety and discomfort with the topic, culminating with skills on making a referral to appropriate professionals.
*Special Registration Note:*
If you don't have a supervisor or would prefer to not provide supervisor information, you can use your own name and email address to complete registration for this course.
- Location: Reynolda Hall 301
- Open To: Faculty, Graduate Students, Staff, Students
- Certifications: CORE (Community - Elective), CORE AP (Community - Elective), CORE Leader (Community - Elective)
- Facilitated by: University Counseling Center
Questions? Please contact:
- University Counseling Center: