In this seminar participants will learn how to put their federal, state, foundation, and corporate grant proposals through a quality circle before submittal.
Seminar participants will learn how to:
* evaluate their proposals using the actual review system they will encounter
* identify the areas of their proposals that are weak and improve them to increase their scores
* eliminate proposal errors and other elements that cost points
* and make their proposals more readable from the grantors perspective
They will also learn how to set up and conduct a grants quality circle exercise to improve their colleagues' proposals before submission.
Participants will leave this seminar with the skills necessary to:
* develop a quality circle setting and provide and maintain a positive atmosphere throughout the exercise
* establish the parameters for the scoring system to be used and the time spent reading each proposal section
* assist the quality circle participants in role playing the actual reviewers based on reviewer backgrounds, viewpoints, and biases
* get everyone in the quality circle to participate and provide their opinions
* handle group members who may not follow the quality circle guidelines and keep the group on time and task.