- Monday, February 26th, 2018 • 1:00pm - 3:30pm
Use Current Trends in Programs & Curriculum To Assess Community Needs, Address Barriers and Ensure a Safer and More Inclusive Campus. This event is for faculty and staff.
The Webinar (pre-recorded) is 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. and then we’ll have a panel discussion with Suzanne Hunt, Tanya Jachimiak, and Steph Trilling for the last 30 minutes.
Now more than ever it is critical that your institution has a comprehensive prevention plan in place that addresses the fundamental safety of your students and incorporates a multi-dimensional approach to mitigate campus violence. Promote bystander intervention training programs to address behaviors related to sexual violence, hazing, racial and gender-based aggression, alcohol and other drugs. Support and engage students to speak up and intervene confidently and diffuse potentially dangerous situations.
Join us to better understand the research and current trends in bystander intervention curriculum, ways of utilizing bystander intervention to address the various risky behaviors your students face, and the benefits of adapting bystander intervention programs to best fit the critical needs of your needs and keep your institution compliant with federal mandates.
Identify current student attitudes and expectations related to bystander intervention.
- Recognize the variety of ways bystander intervention can support positive outcomes within the campus community.
- Design a comprehensive campus-wide community needs assessment to determine what programs are wanted.
- Share challenges and struggles related to bystander intervention.
- Incorporate bystander intervention as a critical component of a prevention.
Panelists: Ali Martin Scoufield is currently serving as the Title IX Investigator at Case Western University in Ohio
Q&A WF Facilitators: Tanya L. Jachimiak, JD -Director, Title IX Office, Title IX Coordinator. Suzanne Hunt, MPH - Assistant Director of Wellbeing, Health Promotion. Steph Trilling, Assistant Director, Counseling Center.
- Location: Benson Center 409
- Open To: Faculty, Staff
- Facilitated by: Tanya Jachimiak, Ali Martin Scoufield, Suzanne Hunt
Questions? Please contact:
- Tomma Guastaferro: • 336.758.3089