- Thursday, September 28th, 2017 • 3:30pm - 4:45pm
All of the recent research into learning and how learning occurs, points to the effectiveness and necessity of actively engaging students in the classroom. It is not enough for instructors to ‘show and tell’ information, answers, processes, etc.; students have to engage with the material and come up with their own interpretations, answers, steps and understandings. In this workshop we’ll learn some basic techniques to promote active learning in the classroom.
- Location: Reynolda Hall 301
- Special Notes: The Teaching and Learning Center's New Instructor Workshops are specifically designed to target the needs of post docs and teaching assistants on both the Reynolda and Bowman Gray Campuses.
- Open To: Faculty, Graduate Students, Staff
- Facilitated by:
Questions? Please contact:
- Kristi Verbeke: • 336-758-2308