- Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 • 3:15pm - 4:30pm
Please read very carefully.
Pick up your new computer and attend a brief class introducing you to your new hardware, Apple OS Sierra, CrashPlan (the University’s new automated data backup service), Software@WFU, and Microsoft Office 2016.
Faculty and Staff who are eligible to receive new computers this year have 2 data transfer options:
1. Unassisted Data Transfer: Keep your old computer until class time by backing up your data, then simply bring your old computer to class to receive your new computer. Not sure how to back up your data? Visit the Data Backup website to learn about your options.
2. Assisted Data Transfer: Tell us you'd like assistance by putting your name on this form. Next, print and fill out this document and bring it with your old computer to The Bridge in ZSR Library between 8:00am and 9:30am the day of training, and we will back up and transfer your Wake Forest University-related data (up to 150GB) for you. Your new computer will be ready for you by the start of class. (Please note, computers must be dropped off by 9:30am in order to ensure that data is transferred by class time.)
Remember to bring your AC adapters with your computer.
- Location: ZSR Library 204
- Special Notes: Please remember: If you choose "assisted data transfer", you must drop off your computer and your completed Computer Exchange Preparation Worksheet, as referenced and linked in the class description, at the Bridge by 9:30am the day of your exchange.
Please note: Registration for this session closes on August 21st.
- Laptop Required: Yes
- Open To: Faculty, Staff
- Facilitated by: