Showing events 1 - 10
- Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 • 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Data Dives is a monthly series for students, faculty, staff, and community residents to gain and share knowledge on topics related to civic learning, community engagement, and social justice through interaction with stories, graphs, and tables displayed museum exhibit-style around the room. This . . .
- Location: Pro Humanitate Institute, 2599 Reynolda Rd.
- Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 • 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Too often students, visitors, and guests are seen as an interruption to our work, rather than the very purpose of it. Every single interaction with a customer has an impact, whether positive or negative. What first impression does your organization give? Learn the impact of getting it wrong as well . . .
- Location: Reynolda Hall 301
- 2 dates and times available
The Safe Zone program is an in-depth, interactive presentation designed to educate Wake Forest faculty, staff, and students about the LGBTQ community. Anti-LGBTQ bias and prejudice affects all members of a community, and we all have the opportunity to work against it. Participants will . . .
- Location: Multiple Locations
- Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 • 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Chat with the Chief is an event that is hosted by the University Police Department. Campus safety is a shared responsibility. The campus community and Police working together to increase, address concerns and enhance campus safety. These events present the opportunity for the Wake . . .
- Location: Zick's Underground
- Thursday, May 4th, 2017 • 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
With the unfortunate increase in active shooter events, various law enfrocement agencies, including FBI and Department of Homeland Security, have taken steps to help educate the public on how to increase their chances for survival if faced with an active shooter event or any other type work place . . .
- Location: Alumni Hall 166
- Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 • 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Join us for a half-day workshop and luncheon. Sara Laschever, of the Carnegie Mellon Leadership and Negotiation Academy for Women, will lead us through "Negotiating For Life: Personal Fulfillment, Professional Success, and the Power of Negotiation." 8am: Breakfast and . . .
- Location: Bridger Field House (499 Deacon Blvd)
- Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 • 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join the LGBTQ Center for our Safe Zone Lunch and Learn Series—you bring your lunch, we will provide dessert and dialogue! Each session will feature a deeper-dive educational experience regarding various aspects of LGBTQ experiences and action steps for building more inclusive . . .
- Location: LGBTQ Center Conference Room (Benson 311A)
- Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 • 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
"Learn how you can pursue a scalable model for creating active learning spaces across campus. While many institutions focus their efforts on creating just a few showcase spaces, they miss a huge opportunity to transform classrooms all over campus and change the way students learn. During . . .
- Location: Benson Center 344 F
- Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 • 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join members of the Office of Chaplain as they offer an introduction to their work and its impact on our students and the broader WFU community. Additionally, facilitators may explore the following topics: -What is the mission of the Office of the Chaplain? -What is the history of the . . .
- Location: Reynolda Hall 301
- Thursday, June 8th, 2017 • 2:30 am - 4:00 am
A twist on a campus favorite! This version of WWDTM has brand new questions and a special ZSR themed wild card round. Come and learn about Wake Forest history, tradition, and culture in a gameshow modeled after the NPR show Wait Wait....Don't Tell Me.
- Location: ZSR Library 476