Showing events 11 - 20 of 41 unique titles ( a total of 86 sessions )
- Tuesday, April 4th, 2017 • 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
We are getting ready to announce the new winners of the Dimension Champion Awards! We cordially invite you to join your colleagues and the Office of Wellbeing at the 2017 Dimension Champions Award Reception on: Tuesday, April . . .
- Location: Reynolda Hall, Green Room
- Tuesday, April 4th, 2017 • 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Two Wake Forest University faculty/staff, who identify as women of color, join students, who identify as women, for a dinner discussion where they will share reflections on their personal and professional journeys as women. Students, who identify as women, are invited to join in this reflective . . .
- Location: Reynolda Hall, Autumn Room
- 2 dates and times available
Chat with the Chief is an event that is hosted by the University Police Department. Campus safety is a shared responsibility. The campus community and Police working together to increase, address concerns and enhance campus safety. These events present the opportunity for the Wake . . .
- Location: Multiple Locations
- Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 • 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Do you really hear what’s being said to you? Do you respond in a way that satisfies a individual’s need to be heard? Studies show poor listening skills are often the cause of mistakes and problems that cost organizations more than $1 billion a day. This interactive . . .
- Location: Benson Center 409
- Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 • 3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
If you're interested in creating instructional videos which involve writing, Lightboard may be a great solution. The Lightboard is a glass surface that lets you create videos of yourself writing or projecting graphics while facing your audience (click here for an example).This low tech, easy- to- . . .
- Location: Tribble Hall A14
- Thursday, April 6th, 2017 • 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
In this discussion we will review Haas and Mortensen's article on The Secrets of Teamwork. The article outlines measures for team effectiveness and enabling conditions that help teams attain high performance. The article can be found here. Attendees are expected to have read the . . .
- Location: Miller Center 2nd Fl Rovere Rm
- Thursday, April 6th, 2017 • 3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
Join us for a sampling of online tools designed to help you better engage students. We’ll explore options such as concept mapping, games and quizzing, animation and comic strips, and tools that allow you (or students) to synthesize content. Bring your laptops and a creative . . .
- Location: Reynolda Hall 301
- Sunday, April 9th, 2017 • 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Does the idea of doing your bibliography at the end of a paper stress you out? Need help with parenthetical citations or footnotes while you are writing? This one-hour workshop will take students through the basics of both MLA and APA citation formats. We will cover in-text citation and . . .
- Location: WAKE DOWNTOWN Room 1615
- Sunday, April 9th, 2017 • 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Zotero is a powerful open-source citations manager and research tool that integrates directly into the Firefox, Chrome or Safari web browser. Participants will learn how to install and start using Zotero to cite sources and create bibliographies in a matter of minutes. This workshop includes . . .
- Location: WAKE DOWNTOWN Room 1615
- Sunday, April 9th, 2017 • 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) is a skills-based training program designed to prevent unsafe intoxication, drunk driving, and underage drinking by enhancing the fundamental skills of servers, sellers and consumers of alcohol. TIPS Training is an important part of Wake Forest . . .
- Location: De Tamble Auditorium, Tribble