This course empowers Finance staff with appropriate licenses to fully utilize the Cognos tool to create ad hoc queries in order to answer questions from the campus community more efficiently. Participants will gain an enhanced understanding of the financial data available and how to utilize it. Better understanding of this data also allows Finance staff the ability to partner more effectively in report requirement development and enhancement.
By the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Build a simple query in a usable format using the features and functions available in the tool.
Participants will achieve this by:
- Defining & describing the features and functions available to create a query
- Choosing the appropriate data fields to answer the query
- Manipulating the selected data fields to obtain the correct information
- Analyzing accuracy of query results by comparing with other data sources
- Modifying query when necessary to make changes resulting in valid results
Prerequisites for this course include both the Finance Overview and Common Banner Finance Queries classes. Additionally, attendees must have a Query Studio license before attending class. If you are unsure of whether or not you have this type of license, please contact Jane Chapman (x3130).
Please note: This class is only open to staff in Budget & Financial Planning, Finance Systems, Financial & Accounting Services, and Procurement Services.
Please choose a session:
- Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Finance Systems Conference Room (UCC 1501)