- Thursday, October 24th, 2013 • 11:00am - 12:00pm
Ryan Shirey. Director of the Writing Center for Wake Forest University will discuss how to improve written communication skills used in emails. With attention to rhetorical situation, organization, register and tone, concision, and grammar, we will discuss and practice some fundamental skills we can use when employing the often convenient, sometimes problematic, and nearly omnipresent medium of the work email. Participants should bring laptops or other email-capable computing devices and should pre-select one example each of an effective and an ineffective email that they have either written or received.
- Location: ZSR Library 204
- Special Notes: Please bring a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Laptop Required: Yes
- Open To: Faculty, Staff
- Facilitated by: Bob Hebert, Ryan Shirey
Questions? Please contact:
- Bob Hebert: • 336-758-4567
- Brad Podair: • 336-758-6135
- Ryan Shirey: • 336-758-5375