- Thursday, February 28th, 2013 • 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Friday, March 1st, 2013 • 8:00AM - 6:00pm
- Saturday, March 2nd, 2013 • 8:00AM - 5:00pm
The Institute for Dismantling Racism, Inc. (IDR), is hosting an anti-racism training workshop in conjunction with the Wake Forest University School of Divinity. The IDR training prepares leaders to respond to issues of institutionalized racism in governmental, religious, educational, or other community-based organizations. The IDR is a group of institutions and coalitions dedicated to fostering the development of institutional anti-racist culture and identity, by organizing, by educating and by challenging the status quo of the racial inequities that exist in society.
The purpose of this anti-racism gathering is to provide an introductory process for participants from Wake Forest University and the wider community to explore and deepen their understanding of systemic racism and to begin to investigate ways to more effectively dismantle racism.
Cost to the general public is $200 - which covers the cost of the program, materials, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments. A limited number of scholarships are available to students, faculty, and staff of the Wake Forest community. For more information about scholarships, please contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion at 336 758.3824.
- Location: Wingate Hall Lower Auditorium
- Special Notes: General inquiries about the IDR training program should be directed to: Institute for Dismantling Racism, Lauranita Katende, Program Manager (336) 722-8379 Ext. 104; email@example.com; Institute for Dismantling Racism, Inc.; Green Street United Methodist Church, 639 S. Green Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101.
- Open To: Everyone
- Facilitated by: Institue for Dismantling Racism, Inc
Questions? Please contact:
- Lauranita Katende: • (336) 722-8379 Ext. 104