- Thursday, November 16th, 2017 • 3:30pm - 4:45pm
If you intend to apply for academic positions, it is likely that you will be asked to submit your philosophy of teaching statement as part of your application. During this session, we’ll examine sample philosophies and evaluate them using a rubric developed at the University of Michigan. We will also discuss format and style expectations and you will begin articulating your ideas and values around teaching. This will assist you in crafting a teaching philosophy that effectively communicates who you are as a teacher.
- Location: Benson Center 301
- Special Notes: The Teaching and Learning Center's New Instructor Workshops are specifically designed to target the needs of post docs and teaching assistants on both the Reynolda and Bowman Gray Campuses.
- Open To: Faculty, Graduate Students, Staff
- Facilitated by:
Questions? Please contact:
- Kristi Verbeke: • 336-758-2308