- Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 • 1:00pm - 2:30pm
(Registration is required. Register online or by calling 800.732.8353.)
Women may face unique challenges when it comes to retirement and financial wellbeing:
- Women tend to live longer.
- Women tend to contribute less and start contributing later to retirement.
- On average, women spend 11 years out of the workforce.
- Women are typically responsible for the majority of caregiving responsibilities.
- More than 50% of women are heads of households.
- On average, 50% of women will become widows by the age of 65.
These challenges often lead to playing catch-up on retirement savings. This workshop, offered at no cost to you by Human Resources and the Women’s Center, will help you plan for your financial future by:
- Learning the core concepts that guide all investing.
- Determining your financial goals and building an action plan.
- Finding ways to help take on life’s curveballs without damaging your financial wellbeing.
- Discover your Financial Personality Type.
Wake Forest will conduct a one-time auto-enrollment for faculty or staff members who have not previously contributed to the Plan via TIAA. Beginning July 1, those individuals will be enrolled at 5% of salary, with the ability to easily opt out through July 30. Visit hr.wfu.edu/auto-enroll for more information.
- Location: Benson Center 401
- Open To: Faculty, Staff
- Facilitated by: TIAA