H. David “Giz” Womack – Librarian, Instruction and Outreach, ZSR Library
Giz Womack is an Outreach and Instruction Librarian in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University. He graduated from Wake Forest University in 1990 with a BA in English and Studio Art. Giz received his MBA from the Babcock School at Wake Forest in 2000 and completed his LIS degree from UNC-Greensboro in 2008. He currently serves as a member of Research, Instruction and Technology Services team, offering both bibliographic instruction and technology workshops to faculty and students. He is also the liaison for the Sociology department and serves on the Freshman Orientation and Advising Committee and the Professional Development Advisory Council. His recent publications include co-authoring a chapter on gaming in academic libraries in “Gaming in Academic Libraries: Collections, Marketing, and Information Literacy” published by the Association of College and Research Libraries in 2008 and co-authoring an article in North Carolina Libraries titled 'Debating' the Merits of Clickers in an Academic Library (v. 66 no. 1/2 Spring/Summer 2008 p. 20-4).
Events Facilitated by Hubert Womack
- Multiple dates & times
- Does the idea of doing your bibliography at the end of a paper stress you out? Need help with parenthetical citations or footnotes while you are writing? This one-hour workshop will take students through the basics of MLA, APA, and Chicago citation formats. We will cover . . .
- Multiple dates & times
- Zotero is a powerful open-source citations manager and research tool that integrates directly into the Firefox, Chrome or Safari web browser. Participants will learn how to install and start using Zotero to cite sources and create bibliographies in a matter of minutes. This workshop includes . . .
- Monday, March 5th, 2018 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Working on a graduate thesis or dissertation? Just need to focus and write? Join the ZSR Library and our campus partner, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, as we host a two-day "Shut Up and Write" Session. No matter where you are in the process, feel free to register and join us . . .
- Location: ZSR Library Room 400 Scholars Commons
- Friday, March 23rd, 2018 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- What is the Human Library? The Human Library challenges stereotypes and prejudices through dialogue. The Human Library is a place where people are books on loan to readers for a chat. Curious to know more about the Human Library Project? Check out: http://humanlibrary.org/ Drop in for the . . .
- Location: WAKE DOWNTOWN, Room 1505